Friday, March 21, 2008

Padova-Poznan: Task 4

Purpose: The aim of this week’s task is three-fold. First, as I said in class, to finish your contribution to the elections08 page in the wiki. Second, to keep up to date on what’s going on with the elections. Third, to participate in the forums.

Task:

1 – By next Wednesday, March 26th, please make sure your group’s contribution has been added to the elections08 page in the wiki. That will give me time to look at it before we meet on Monday the 31st. A wiki is a work in progress so it doesn’t have to be perfect (just as accurate as possible!).

2 - Keep reading your sources of information about the elections. Some time towards the end of next week, before Monday the 31st, write a blog post on what you have observed / are observing. As you read and observe, start thinking seriously about which issue (e.g. the environment, healthcare, etc.) you would like to use to make a cultural comparison between the two countries as you will have to make a decision as a group during the first week in April.

3 – I am going to post two of your questions to the forum with the students from Dickinson college <http://itech.dickinson.edu/confronti/?page=1>. For the time being, check out the discussions already underway. You are welcome to both read and contribute to them. It’s a blog, so all you have to do is comment on them as you do on your own blog. As soon as your questions are posted, start reading their responses (which will hopefully arrive!). Once there are a few responses, you are welcome to start contributing to the discussion as well.

Deadline: Monday, March 31, 2008

5 comments:

Silvia Lovato said...

dear sarah,
I've just recieved these strange e-mail from Gateway. since the object was "Tulanepadova: Padova-poznan 08 group1 Edited", I decided to ask you. This is the content of the first one:
"Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to:

cla05 05,FCCLA (The name was not found at the remote site. Check that the
name has been entered correctly.)"
and that's the second one:
Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to:

mariangela.lion,FCCLA (The name was not found at the remote site. Check
that the name has been entered correctly.)
I mean, I don't even know who mariangela is!
thank you,
Happy Easter :-)
Silvia

Silvia Lovato said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silvia Lovato said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elena B said...

HI Sarah and Silvia!
I received the same email as well and I don't even know who Mariangela is! Anyway, I checked my contribution in the wiki and I think that everything is ok...

Sarah said...

I have no idea - I receive them sometimes too! What's important is that next time you log in, untick the box that says 'send me an email', then log out and log in again. I've got the box ticked and I still get messages sometimes. Boh!

Sarah